Wednesday 21 March 2018

Cave Stream.

My feet were freezing, my hands cold from testing the coldness of the clear liquid that I would spend over an hour in. I gathered up my courage to jump into the water. SPLASH! It was, so, so, so... not too cold actually. Just you wait, I said to myself. A couple of minutes and I'll be as cold as the Yetis freezer.

I started wondering myself up the stream. I hear a splash and a scream I look behind me, but I don't have to. I already know what has happened, somebody fell in! It's not the first time, and it won't be the last! I look around, and I see a large dark circle on the wall, darker than the surrounding space. I look closely and realize that it is a side cave! In no time at all, I had scurried up there. I felt my legs, or at least I tried to. As soon as I had got up, everybody else has to. We then would all get back down again, though every few minutes, we would find another one. In one of these, we all had to turn our lights off. I remember that darkness still. I was so peaceful... Until someone just had to yell out BOO! UUUGGGHH!

When we all heard the rushing water getting louder, we knew we had encountered yet another waterfall. I would trie a few times to get up. Sometimes I would succeed, sometime, a couple of adults would have to drag me up. The water would be so strong that I would never touch the rocks, as the water would keep pushing me away. We kept on moving until we didn't have to rely on the light given by our torches. I remember, climbing up the last little, though fast flowing waterfall, running up to a big great rock and lying down.

A great experience to say the least. A view to last a life lime. The best adventure around. A memory to never forget. Whatever you want to say, that day will stick in my mind for my whole life. From my legs being numb just about the whole time to climbing/being dragged up a waterfall, to the thrill of having to crawl ten metres, fifteen metres of the ground, on a less than a metre wide ledge, holding nothing but a chain. It was a real adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Sinead