Thursday 14 June 2018

Using basic python syntax

We are learning to compare and contrast 2 different programming languages- JavaScript and Python. For JavaScript I used Codecombat and I solved quite a few challenges and screencastified my work. I understand that JavaScript uses case sensitive letters and I need to be very specific when I use the commands I have to use semicolons and parentheses at the end of the line. The curly brackets are written at the start and the end of a code to loop it if I can't be bothered writing it over and over again.
I have just started to learn to use Python today. I used python trinket to change the colour. I learn't how to move the circles that were there and how to change the colour. I also found out how to repeat the code so I made 6 circles instead of 3.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sinead - wow I am impressed as I have never tried using either of these coding languages. I have a (grown up) niece who lives in San Diego and works as a coder. It's such a different way of thinking about things!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Sinead