Thursday 19 October 2017

Nuclear Free New Zealand

Nuclear Free New Zealand

You all know that New Zealand's nuclear free, right? But do you know how it happened? In the 1984-1989, David Russell Lange was the Prime Minister and, to put it simply, he HATED nuclear power.

So what he did was, first get his word out to the public and there was a huge debate on it. Many people have said that the debate was like the “David and Goliath story. New Zealand I David and the USA is Goliath. Everyone was surprised when we won and we became nuclear free.You might be thinking that, without nuclear power, we can’t defend ourselves if there is a WWIII, but we can. Even though the USA did not at all agree with us going nuclear free, they are still our allies and they will protect us if we will be attacked. I am really glad that New Zealand has no nuclear power. We don’t like it that much, that if a USA ship comes near us, even if it has only a little bit of nuclear power, we have to send them straight back.

I hope you believe me that it is good that we are nuclear free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Sinead