Tuesday 17 October 2017

The Rainbow Warrior Bombing

The Rainbow Warrior Bombing


Before I start writing, I would like to say that if I was alive when it happened, I would not have been supporting the French Government but for this task, my name was called out to support them.


At just before midnight, July 1985, at the Mururoa Island, the French decided that they wanted to test a nuclear bomb just in case the WWIII (nuclear war) came and they wanted to be prepared. They thought that just because they owned the Mururoa Island, they could set up a nuclear bomb, but there were some people that stood in their way. The Rainbow Warrior from New Zealand didn’t like that idea so whenever they wanted to test it, they ship would sail over to disrupt them. Why would they do that? It was not their place to stand in the way.


In my opinion (as a French agent), the Rainbow Warrior should not have done that as it led to the bombing of the ship and the death of a Portuguese crew member. It was soon discovered that two French Secret Services agents were the two people that bombed them. Dominique Prieur and Alain Mafart were arrested on 24 July. Both were charged with murder and pleaded guilty to manslaughter and were sentenced to 10 years in prison which led to the embarrassment of the French Government. It was not their fault that they killed the man but they did mean to bomb them so they would have no choice but to leave.


One of the reasons that the Rainbow Warrior was so mad about the bombing of Mururoa Island, was because New Zealand owns an Island near the soon-to-be-blown-up Island. The radiation from the explosion lead to many people getting sick from eating the contaminated fish.

Just remember, was it really the French fault for all the people getting sick?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sinead,
    hi my name is shazana and I am 11 years old I go to Edmund Hillary school.I like the way you cleared out that you will not support the french government I believe.Try adding more opinion from your side please check my blog @http://edhillshazanar.blogspot.co.nz/ thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shazana, thanks for the comment. I just want to say that I have tried to go on your blog but it comes up with "BLOG NOT FOUND".

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
Sinead